Now Hiring - Albion Food Distribution Coordinator
Position Title: Food Distribution Coordinator
Supervisor: Community Table of Albion Board
Position Duration/Pay: Part-time; no benefits
Hours of Work: 10 hours per week
Function: The Food Distribution Coordinator is responsible for the implementation, administration, and oversight of the food distribution efforts by the Community Table of Albion. This includes working with the South Michigan Food Bank and other suppliers, overseeing data tracking and reporting requirements, tracking invoices and funding, coordinating volunteers, coordination of meetings with board members, researching funding opportunities and providing input into program design and implementation. To succeed in this role, the coordinator should have a caring attitude, excellent people skills and a responsive, flexible approach to handle the changing needs of the growing organization. Personal integrity and reliability are essential.
- High School degree or equivalent, preferred
- Organized; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills in working with the public, partner organizations, media, and volunteers
- Proficiency with basic computer programs, including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Capable of independent work, establishing priorities and completing tasks in timely and professional manner.
- Social media experience and ability to manage accounts specific to this project
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing the 3 food distributions monthly, and additional dates as requested, including communicating with the South Michigan Food Bank, coordinating volunteers, providing logistical support during the distributions and submitting the required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with designated Albion College staff regarding the shared space where the distributions occur. This includes, but is not limited to, repair and maintenance concerns, safety issues, access and scheduling.
- Coordinate with other community organizations to enhance distributions on special occasions (Thanksgiving, Christmas etc.)
- Identify additional partnership opportunities with food providers to expand available food supply.
- Coordinate with additional partners who work to meet food needs in the community including the Community Action Agency, CareWell Senior Services, Sprout Box and others.
- Receive and help coordinate response to emergency requests for food access in the community.
- Assist, as requested with the promotion and publicity of food distribution programs.
- Assist, as requested with the development and implementation of a plan to expand services to include a Food Pantry. (note: development of this plan may impact the number of hours included in this job.)
- A background check is required prior to employment.
- This position reports directly to the board of the Community Table of Albion and is an at-will employee.
- Periodic job and performance evaluations should be expected.
HOW TO APPLY?
Email resume and cover letter to Kaylynn (firstname.lastname@example.org)