Fill out this online form or call our COVID hotline at (269) 789-7614 to schedule your COVID vaccine!
Jose Valle, M.D.is the recipient of Oaklawn Hospital’s inaugural “Physician of the Year”award. Dr. Valle is an Internal Medicine Specialist practicing with Oaklawn Medical Group – Marshall Internal & Family Medicine at 720 Old 27 North in Marshall.
The award was established to recognize a physician who has demonstrated their commitment to Oaklawn Hospital’s Culture and Values, and to the community. Physicians are nominated by hospital staff, Medical Staff, or members of the Board of Directors, and must have been a member of Oaklawn’s active medical staff for at least three years.
Dr. Valle received five separate nominations. Someof the comments made by his nominators include:
– “always gets back to me in a timely manner and keeps me up dated on my and my family’s findings.”
– “sacrifices for his patients whenever the situation warrants it.”
– “Integrity is one of his greatest strengths; uncompromising in adherence to the ethical foundations of patient care.”
– “Has always treated physicians, nurses, ancillary staff, and administration with the respect they deserve as partners in care.”
– “Cares about his staff and is always willing to incorporate better ideas for staff and patient care.”
– “Very loyal to his patients, always being there for them as a physician and a friend.”
– “Always open to collegial discussions. Appreciates the input of nurses.”
Dr. Valle came to Marshall in 1987 when he joined Dr. James Maher at what was then Marshall Internal Medicine. As the practice grew additional offices were opened in Olivet and Tekonsha and the name became Marshall Internal & Family Medicine. In December 2009, the hospital purchased the practice and named it Oaklawn Medical Group – Marshall Internal & Family Medicine.
Over the years Dr. Valle has served as the hospital’s Chief of Staff and has been the Chief of both Medicine Section and CCU Section. In 2000-2001 he served as Chair of Oaklawn’s Board of Directors and is currently the Medical Director of Oaklawn Medical Group, which is a hospital-owned group of primary care and specialist physician practices located in eight area communities.