PRE-REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED — LATE REGISTRATION BEGINS 8:15AM ON JULY 4TH
Young people who want to be part of the 2019 Oaklawn Pet, Bike, & Wagon Parade are being encouraged to register by June 26th. There is no fee to participate in the parade, but registration is required. Late registration will be available in person at 8:15am on the morning of July 4th in front of the Crary Condos.
Children ages 3 through 12 are invited to create costumes and decorations that reflect the Independence Day celebration. A parent’s authorization is required for any child to participate in the parade. All animals must be properly caged or leashed.
Ribbons will be presented to all participants, plus first-, second- and third-place honors in each of the categories – pets, bikes and wagons.
All bikers riding in the parade must wear helmets. Oaklawn is making helmets available for purchase at $5 each to those who don’t bring their own helmets.
For additional information, contact the hospital’s Development office at (269) 789-3942.
By entering this event, parent(s) understands and agrees that the sponsors of the Pet, Bike & Wagon Parade, and those persons associated with it: (1) reserve the right to deny any person participation in the event at any time; and (2) are not responsible for injury that may occur in relation to the event, that the parent(s) assume(s) responsibility for any such injury and shall have the sponsors and their associates harmless from any damages and expenses that may result from such injury. Oaklawn Hospital reserves the right to publish and/or distribute photographs of participants and activities during events it sponsors.
Rules and Regulations
1. All bike participants must wear a helmet. Those who don’t have their own may purchase a helmet for $5.00 at the parade.
2. Eligible ages are 3 through 12.
3. Use the theme of “Celebrate America” when making costumes.
4. All animals must be properly caged or leashed and kept under control at all times.
5. Children are encouraged to make their own costumes and to decorate their pets, bikes and wagons themselves.
(Please, NO skateboards, scooters, rollerblades or motorized vehicles.)
6. Pre-registration entry forms should be mailed to Oaklawn Development Office, 116 E. Prospect, Marshall, MI 49068 or submitted to the Chamber of Commerce, 323 W. Michigan Avenue, Marshall, MI 49068, and need to be received by Wednesday, June 27.
7. Late registration is from 8:15 to 9:30 AM on the day of the parade.
Sample of Criteria to be used by Judges:
Did the child create the costumes/decorations?
Did the child incorporate the theme?
How creative are the costumes/decorations?
Is one able to recognize who the figures are supposed to represent?
Pet 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
Bike 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
Wagon 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
Parade Day Instructions:
Pick up numbers to wear and ribbons at registration table in front of Crary Condos by 9:30 AM.
Report to staging area by 9:40 AM. Areas for Pets, Bikes and Wagons will be marked.